No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ditchfield Frog is this signed  (Read 2526 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Ditchfield Frog is this signed
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »
Glassform are usually helpful, I imagine they will try and help with the information that is asked for Sue.

Cazza, send them an email as you would normally, just type in their email address, you don't have to use the link provided.

Offline Tony G

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 07:38:16 PM »
Hi Sue,
             sorry about the confusion. What I meant by (2) "signed and Glassform" is indeed the same as (1) but without the unique number. Therefore I meant engraved with the name J.Ditchfield. However this is always, in my experience, in the same script/style and therefore is usually stated to be done by John.

A number of pieces have been seen with imitation Gold stickers on their bases so I am always wary if there is no engraving. However this frog certainly looks right.

Cheers,

Tony

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »
 :)
Thanks, Tony!
I agree, this frog looks absolutely right, but I don't think it's anything more than a general Glasform frog paperweight.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Cazza

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
Hi Thank you to you all whom tried to help me. I have heard from the glassform website, they asked for my telephone number? very puzzled now. They asked me for a bigger photo first and then have asked for my phone number. Not sure what to make of that. Just hope its good news.
Cazza

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand