No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Joan's cinnamon vase, cased clear, - ID = Whitefriars 9650  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
Joan's cinnamon vase, cased clear, - ID = Whitefriars 9650
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Joan is a friend of mine who lives over the road from me.  She is 95 this year and her mind is as sharp as a razor but, physically, she can't manage on her own any more.  She has gone into a nursing home and her daughter has taken some of her furniture to the home and disposed of a lot of other unwanted items.  She asked me if I wanted anything and I saw this lovely Murano sommerso vase in the corner which I had never noticed before.  It's very large - 40cm - and in immaculate condition.  There was a large dead moth inside it and it was very dirty but after a good wash, it's now gleaming.  Whenever I look at it I'll think of Joan and I look forward to visiting her soon when she's settled in.   

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Joan's Vase
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »
Looks like Whitefriars' 9650 in Cinnamon.

See: http://www.whitefriarsorg.org/memb1/cat-69/p19.jpg

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
Nic, glad you recognized it. I knew it wasn't Murano glass. I was hoping it was something good.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »
Well there's a thing!!  Thanks very much for the information folks.  Most grateful. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand