Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Quality Bohemian uranium white cased yellow vase - enamel & gilded decoration  (Read 658 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Yes I was looking at it but it looks to me like the red one has white enamel outlines? with the gilding inside and over the outlines.  It doesn't look like that yellow raised 'base enamel' I've seen on other pieces. 

Mine seems to have been gilded directly onto the vase and then has the white enamel flowers seemingly as a separate colour decoration.  There's no sign of gilding on the white flowers.

The base of mine is neater in finish but there is still a tiny patch right in the centre where you can faintly see white through.
They have both have a gilded ring around the base of the neck -  lots of manufacturers did this but just making comparisons.

I would say from photographs they are similar  good quality with that very thick white interior -  mine weighs 1 3/4lb or about 820 grms.
m

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
The red piece looks very Harrach like to me

The base colour looks to be 'ox blood' -not uniquely Harrach but one of their favourite colours
cheers

M

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
The yellow ball looks a bit like a ginger jar minus a lid....  ???
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
It really isn't minus a lid - well I'm 99.99% sure it isn't  :)
has that shape about it though.
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
 :)
ok!
Just a vague thought  m, that you may have been passing over images of ginger jars in your relentless pursuit of an id.  ;D
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I've taken  that on board and shall be searching for ginger jars this evening ... just in case :)
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
 I accidentally happened upon this one :)

This is what mine should look like with the gilding intact.  Madforglass site has it under English but no explanation of who-

Anyone feel it looks more English now all the decoration can be seen more clearly?  should I ask for the header to be changed perhaps just in case?

http://www.madforglass.es/en/english167.html

m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com