Author Topic: Nason Bird  (Read 868 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Nason Bird
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Bird with blue and green tinge, seller told me that it is uranium but I don't think so, its more a gentle sommerso effect. Has plastic label for V Nason and Co. I would put this bird at 80s early 90s what do others think? Not marked to base which I think is pretty usual. I bought with a few others pieces in Camden Passages. I am in London for a week visiting. Dissapointed with the Passages, not much there now. The seller did have some fantastic studio glass, some large and beautiful Peter Layton pieces but at 400 each I couldn't stretch to it, so had to settle for a few small things.

Adam

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: Nason Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
He does look similar to mine. Yours could well be Nason.

Adam

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »
We also visited Camden Passage recently and were disappointed.  Bored looking stallholders and disinterested shopkeepers.

Online Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
I tried Camden Passage a couple of times - unless you're selling gold/silver or items under 10 no one is much interested, hence the bored expressions!

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:40 AM »
I think your time estimates are right, Adam. There is one of this shape in the Murano Zoo at http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-9. The one in the zoo is in the familiar brown dorsal blush. Yours doesn't look like uranium glass to me. Black light will tell the truth here. I don't know of any of these ducks that had uranium, so I would be surprised if it glows. But I've been surprised many times in my life.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:08 AM »
My dove does; just the green bit, which spreads very thinly up his head and over his tail. Can you check Adam please

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
The woman in the shop tested it when I bought it, I didn't see much glow - however she was positive. I don't have a light to test it with - must buy one for my glass in general. That is exactly my bird in the Murano Zoo, different colour as you say. I must post my animals to this site, I have a few Murano animals.

Adam

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com