No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royal Brierley Bowl  (Read 1381 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Royal Brierley Bowl
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
Here is a large white Royal Brierley 'Studio' bowl bought today in Portobello Road - marks to base - great thread here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,5411.msg77252.html#msg77252 anything else welcomed.

Adam

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Royal Brierley Bowl
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »
Nice find Adam,I've a number of RB studio pieces,the link was interesting,I wonder if Mark Hill still has the info' he talked about,he's not been on the board for ages,too busy producing tv prog's I suppose,not been to Portobello in years,is it still way over priced and packed with tourists?

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Re: Royal Brierley Bowl
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »
Thanks Keith.

Portobello Road was very busy on Saturday.  I got there late and a lot of stall holders had shut by 3.00, but even at that there was only one or two glass sellers, it was 90% silver and jewellery which didn't impress me. I doubt if I will go again. There was one bric-a-brac shop at the top near Notting Hill and I bought a few pieces, one was glued and split later and another was chipped - still full price and not described as such, I suppose buyer beware, but I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand