No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano maybe ? faceted vase - ID = Mandruzatto  (Read 2348 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Murano maybe ? faceted vase - ID = Mandruzatto
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »
Hello,    Another very cheap car boot item.   I think Murano its green with a yellow layer and clear base. Square top and bottom with faceted sides.  8 inches tall. Seems nicely made.and quite heavy. Any more info appreciated    Thanks Cheryl

Offline user9318

• Members
Re: Murano maybe ? faceted vase
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:45 AM »
It looks like a Mandruzatto piece to me

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
Thanks for the info,  its a really hard shape to photograph, it looks bent in my picture, its in perfect condition so another keeper  ;D  I'm needing yet more shelves to put my glass !!!! People are starting to comment on the amount of glass in our house, its getting everywhere!!!!   Cheryl

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
Just looked these up on Ebay, they are asking a fair bit for them!!!  Thats why I love car boots, I can find great stuff for a pound or two which I wouldn't be able to afford anywhere else.    cheryl

Offline user9318

• Members
Re: Murano maybe ? faceted vase - ID = Mandruzatto
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:36 AM »
It is a lovely vase, I have a few Mandruzatto pieces myself, I love the shapes and faceted sides. Normally double cased, but have had the odd triple cased before now.

You got a lovely bargain and thats the beauty of car boots sometimes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand