No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peter Holmes Rainbow Cascade  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Peter Holmes Rainbow Cascade
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
Post deleted

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »
The one I asked Peter about is the one I own at the top of the thread marked Selkirk glass Scotland 1999 Christine ;D
The one in the eBay link is a different animal made for the seller by Peter on commission at Scottish Borders glass studio to replicate the earlier Caithness Rainbow cascade he made in 1974, apparently for a customer. It is marked on the base Scottish Borders Art Glass 2007
Both items are what they are so on this occasion the eBay sellers  description is spot on :)   
Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
They look identical (as near as damn it) and no mention is made of marking, but I'll delete my post

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Strikes me you have gone to a lot of trouble Chris to make sure about the true provenance of this weight. I'm sure everybody appreciates this, even if there is little or no acknowlegement.

I also know the seller of the other weight that was specially commissioned,  I have bought many pieces of Selkirk glass from him and found him to be a gentleman in every sense of the word.

Personally, I would not sell this weight without putting a very good realistic start price that won't hurt if it doesn't go higher.  In fact, in view of the special nature of it,  should you be selling it al all?

I don't collect paperweights, but I do have a Colin Terris Designed one called Millennium Vision, a limited edition made in 1999. given to me by my Sister.  I wouldn't part with it for the world.

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
Rosie, you know I get don't collect glass any more it's far too expensive. I get  pleasure out of finding special pieces for  collectors and the appreciation from them makes me happier than any money ever could.

Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand