1) If you are selling a piece on Ebay, make sure it finishes on a Sunday evening after 7pm.
2) Post information about the piece on relevant forums.
3) If you have your own website
make sure you use the words on your website that people will type into Google to find you.
4) Write guest blogs and articles on other sites in exchange for a link back to your site
5) In the links pointing back to your website make sure some use your brand name about 25% and some use the keywords
6) Make sure you have at least Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts.
7) Make sure your website is listed on all the local online business directories. Don't list yourselves with 100s of directories as this doesn't work any more
Join relevant associations and societies, even if you have to pay handsomely, it will pay dividends in the end.
9) Make sure it is easy to buy products on your website - put the buy now button right near the top of the page.
10) If you start a reciprocal link programme then make sure you are exchanging links with similar companies and not totally irrelevant websites.
I have been helping businesses succeed online for 11 years. Hope this helps!