No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling trinket set Registration 795794 - ID= pattern 12500  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
just before I post Archive (Kew) pix for the above -  of a tray, stick, powder/cream pots and ring stand  -  would appreciate some guidance from folk please.
My picture of the above items - almost certainly in some shade of Jade - shows Registration No. 795794 only ............   however, the Blue Book shows No. 795793 only, from 22.08.1934 and makes no mention of my No.

I may have made a mistake and not looked at Representation pages either side, and as a consequence may have missed another part of the same trinket set, which for whatever reason was numbered 795793.

I've parted with my Jobling book, so unable to determine what image is being referred to under the first of these two numbers.     Anyone able to help please.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline JOBLINGLASS

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • BURTLES TATE AND JOBLING GLASS
    • UNITED KINGDOM
Re: Jobling trinket set Registration 795794.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 06:49:32 PM »
Hello Paul.
                 There are two registrations only on 28.8.34.
  795793 which is just the Elephant statuette.
  795794 which is the Trinket set consisting of Tray,Candlestick(2),small Puff pot(2),large Puff pot and Ring stand.

Regards,
 William

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
Anne's Glass Trinket Sets site collates Jobling RD 795794 with their trinket set pattern 12500, and shows the pieces at
http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/cms3/english/jobling/12500

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:33:59 PM »
thanks to both  -  what an idiot........    spent half the day looking at 795793 (the elephant) and then promptly forget it!!

Because we knew exactly who Registered the trinket set I saw no reason to look at the Register for 795794 and looked at the Representations book only  -  had I also looked at the Register may well have seen that the set was recorded as CLASS IV.             Can't see why that should have been the case, but if it was then would be a very good reason why the person who compiled the Blue Book didn't include it with all the other Nos. 

will post pix tomorrow, and thanks again. :)

P.S.   Rd. 795793 is in fact recorded in the Blue Book with a date of 22nd August, and not 28th August as mentioned by William  -  in the absence of a picture of the Register page do we know for certain which is correct? :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 01:25:40 PM »
just for interest then, here is the image from The National Archives for Jobling Rd. 795794 - factory pattern No. 12500 - which was apparently produced in jade and tortoiseshell...........     the set used for the Kew photo looks to have been jade.              Although the Kew picture shows singletons of the stick and smaller pot, as was common with other trinket sets, both these items in this set appear to have been supplied in pairs.
Registered in August 1934.

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
My thanks for showing us the National Archives image of the Jobling set Paul, very interesting. :)
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
hi Jane  -  one appreciates this kind of gratitude dahling, but if it might be of a slightly quicker nature then that would be good. ;D        That's a polite way of saying you're not tuning in often enough  -  where have you been all this time, we've missed you :-*          All those trinket sets you have, there must be a lot you could contribute.            Come to Kew with me some time, I'd even buy you a coffee  -  I know how to treat a girl. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand