No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium pear basket - ID = Sowerby "Enid" pattern powder bowl  (Read 4856 times)

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
Re: Uranium pear basket - ID = Sowerby "Enid" pattern powder bowl
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 07:23:10 PM »
Thanks so much for showing the catalogue.  At last an ID for the "Pear Bowl"!  I never thought of it as possibly being Sowerby, the attention to detail on the fruit seemed to make it unlikely, being of a far higher quality than their usual standard that I've seen.

And as a bonus it seems I have a biscuit barrel in non-Uranium frosted green, sadly without its lid.  (The one about half-way through with a geometric "diamond" pattern.)

As there are also examples of bowls without lids but with silver rims instead, were they ever part of a set of some kind?  If not for a dressing table perhaps for the dining table?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 09:02:07 AM »
theElench, I have this 2552 Butterfly trinket pot with a very worn EPNS rim. I'd assumed it had been damaged and the owner had added the rim to preserve it. Having seen the Enid dish it now appears it might be a factory addition, I'll have to look into it.
"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline NevB

• Members
    • uranium glass
    • England
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 09:03:35 AM »
Forgot the photo.

"I hear you're a racist now father!" Father Ted.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand