No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco kneeling lady centrepiece  (Read 2213 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Re: Art Deco kneeling lady centrepiece
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »
Hi Meegs
The kneeling lady that I had (sold it to Australia) had the word tschechvolique stamped underneath.I am sure it could be Libochovice or Reich?
The blue lady I don't think is Sowerby...there is a pink version on ebay with a very deep base and is a lamp.
BTW the amber kneeling lady,do you need an amber bowl for her as I may be able to help you out?
Cheers Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
I have to say I agree,  looking at the two pieces together, the brown lady is a far superior moulding and has much greater detail and finish than the blue.  Quite different makers in my opinion.
It does surprise me how crudely finished some of these complicated and large pieces are... a little extra attention to finish detail would make such a difference.

Added,  I am assuming you have already checked the Black Poppy site?

www.black-poppy.co.uk/
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 02:17:59 AM »
Hi Meegs
The kneeling lady that I had (sold it to Australia) had the word tschechvolique stamped underneath.I am sure it could be Libochovice or Reich?
BTW the amber kneeling lady,do you need an amber bowl for her as I may be able to help you out?
Cheers Nige

Nige,
there are no obvious makers mark on my kneeling lady, so its very positive to hear yours was marked tschechvolique.
Thank-you for the offer to help out regarding her bowl. Yes, I am looking for her bowl, but it is not high on my priority list. She is not perfect and I probably paid too much for her, she has a chip underneath her and some scruffy bangs down her front and around the edge of the bowl she holds, so as much as I would like to  complete the set with her bowl I can't really justify the costs of importing one at the moment.
Cheers
meegs

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
I see Ruby Lane has the 'Olympic Rings ' bowl down as definately Libochovice c.1936 ?

http://www.rubylane.com/item/659944-JJ645/Olympic-Rings-Uranium-Green-Glass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand