Author Topic: Aqua Tint Paperweight - Whitefriars?  (Read 465 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Aqua Tint Paperweight - Whitefriars?
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
Hi,  Can anyone confirm whether this is a Whitefriars paperweight.  It has all elements of being a Whitefriars(one large air pocket etc.), however, I have mixed feelings about this one.   The Pontil is the main reason for my doubt.  I have not seen a paperweight with this type of pontil before.  The pontil (Cone Shaped) is deep into the paperweight, approx. 1.5cm.     I could be totally off track with this being a Whitefriars and could do with expertise attention.  The paperweight measures approx. 7.6cm dia. The pontil Dia. is 3.8cm with a curved polished rim edge.  The inverted cone shape starts approx. 0.2cm from the surface of the paperweight.   Any help with regards identification appreciated!
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline Tony G

• Members
Re: Aqua Tint Paperweight - Whitefriars?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
Hi Otis,
             it doesn't look like Whitefriars to me. The large bubble appears to be offset and the small bubbles should be in a very regular pattern. As you say the base looks nothing like Whitefriars.

Sorry to be just negative without having a positive ID for you.

Cheers,

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
Thats a no from me as well . jp

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »
Thanks for confirming not Whitefriars.  Appreciated!  ;D
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com