Author Topic: John Davenport Glass elephant foot piano rest? Newman Dictionary of Glass  (Read 598 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
my heart bleeds for you  -  us lesser mortals have to settle for less exotic treasures. ;) ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
of course that's nicely balanced by the pieces I did buy (and shouldn't have) that do prey on my mind  :-X  If the cost of them were all added together I could probably buy an amazing piece of glass lol
does that help?  ;D
m

Offline Paul S.

• Members
no, not really................collectors are like any other addict - they're permanently in need of more goodies to satisfy their craving.   If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd probably go and blow it on collectibles, very quickly.
So you know the guilt feelings as well then - but I always get over those quicker than the sense of not having bought something  -  don't think I can change now, too late. ;D

I notice that yesterday I called this a lion's foot - then couldn't remember why.........but just seen that I'd got that word from Hajdamach.
I see that Raymond Notley says a hairy mammoth or yeti foot, and you've said elephant, so got to wondering what the original description says.
When I go back to TNA in a few day's time, I'll check this particular Rd. No. and see what the Register says.       I'll post my pix as usual.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
that collecting craving for me, is to do with researching the piece rather than having it.  However unless I have it, I don't really feel like researching it.  But once it's researched and identified I slightly lose interest in it  :-[
I'm starting to think I should really be working at Broadfield house or in the glass department of another museum.  Then I might not feel the need to buy glass.
Is it just me?
m

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I think it's just you and me........................but could be the rest of the Board as well ;D ;D ;D

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com