No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tear Drop Crystal ?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Tear Drop Crystal ?
« on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »
Got these today. Has anyone heard of the company or where they are from ? Internet gave no clues. These are the biggest wine(?) glasses I have seen in crystal. They are 25.7cm in height, 11cm diameter across the lip and weigh 520g each ! They are nicely cut to half way down the stem.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Tear Drop Crystal ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
  While looking for something else (always the case) I found on the Replacements Website Royal Doulton French Quarter Water Goblets. I dont understand the sticker as nothing comes up in searches. They are the same height and same cut so unless its a copy it is Royal Doulton. Yet the sticker niggles. Any comments http://images.replacements.com/images/images5/crystal/R/royal_doulton_french_quarter_water_goblet_P0000302885S0012T2.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
Royal Doulton don't actually make glass; they market it. So unless it's an exclusive design, it might be sold under different labels

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
It's a strange one. I only find these under RD name. Saw exact shape but different pattern under RD name at Debenhams and same glass different pattern under another makers name but this pattern only on RD French Quarter. They dont make it easy. Do I list as RD or the Tear Drop ???? I thought  RD made the crystal but after seeing 3 different country stamps on Edinburgh Crystal glass, Hungary, Holland and Czech Rep. I know they don't make it but surely consistancy in quality  is best done by one. I am switching off crystal for tonight.  Thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »
Thanks Lustrousstone, I didn't know RD didn't make their glass and note to self...never post late at night after a brandy ! Seems the extra Large Glasses are more common than I thought. I will list them eventually but will enjoy them for a while longer and get more info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand