No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Vase Bowl Etched All Around - ID = Fostoria #4103 with Paradise etching  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Casey951

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • california
Hello!

Can someone please help me ID this vintage glass vase/bowl decorated in an all around etched design of flowers, foliage and birds. The body has a ribbed effect, or panel effect. At first I thought it was clear glass, but the more I look at it there seems to be a tint (perhaps a visual effect from the etching?). There are no markings on the bottom. Vase/bowl measures 5" high x 6" diameter and weighs 15.7 oz.
I photographed with both white and black backgrounds to hopefully provide a better visual example.

Many thanks for your help!

Jeff

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Glass Vase Bowl Etched All Around
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
Fostoria #4103 vase with Paradise etching. Color is Orchid which would date it from 1927 to 1928. Ken

Offline Casey951

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • california
Re: Glass Vase Bowl Etched All Around
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »
Fostoria #4103 vase with Paradise etching. Color is Orchid which would date it from 1927 to 1928. Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the quick ID. Awesome help!

Jeff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand