No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy Walled bowl  (Read 2454 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Heavy Walled bowl
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »
Lovely bowl which I am sure is Murano. 6" diam not including three flanges, 2" deep - heavy walls over 1" thick - blues, reds with gold leaf in abstract pattern - a lot of age wear to flat polished base. Have looked on net and see similar but all with wide ranging attributions - any ideas?

Thanks Adam

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Heavy Walled bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
Not sure but it has a look of Seguso VA or A.Seguso. Never seen this design so it could be anyone but the colours have a look of macchia ambra.  More photo's might help and some of the Seguso VDA collectors may be able to help more.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
I have the same sort of bowl without the thingies  on the side just plain round  . i do like the colours not overdone,,,
 Defo I talian .

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »
Thanks - I'll try and post some other pics soon - I like the way it has been ground and polished to rim (thick as it is), it's a nice attention to detail.

Adam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »
Interesting piece. My first thought was A.S. Reminds me of the biomorphic bowls that he done which I have in a 'amberish' colour but without the 'handles/wings' on the side. I'll up load some pics in the next few days as I have the piece out at the moment.

I have not seen this style of yours though before adam with clear, colours and gold foil. SVCC could also be a consideration, which is the company Poli worked for after SVdA.

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »
Some more photos as requested

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum