No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass vases please help me identify them  (Read 991 times)

Offline anniesorphans

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • GLASSWARE
    • england
Glass vases please help me identify them
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
hello, my name is tanya and i work for an independant charity shop called anniesorphans, we had a lovely donation of fantastic glassware and are totally unsure as to its true value or authenticity. They are very beautiful but bear no markings or symbols. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we would like to raise as much money as possible for the charity and obviously knowing what they may make a huge difference, thank you in advance for any help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Glass vases please help me identify them
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
Hello and welcome to the gmb! :)
I think you have some nice Rihiimaki there in the top pics, I'm not sure about bits in the bottom one.
There are plenty folk here who will be able to tell you a lot more than I can, but...

Would you please make a new thread for each piece? Otherwise the discussion can get very disjointed and confused, (and we reckon every bit of glass deserves its own thread anyway ;) )

Also, would you please include clear shots of the base and rim, as well as the whole thing?

Just one more little thing - please, don't flood us with a huge number of requests for id all at once - it hogs the "front page" and makes it unfair for everybody else's queries because they disappear onto the next page and folk assume they've been dealt with.
We don't normally discuss values because they're so arbitrary, but there are a fair few of us who are happy to help out charity shops.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand