No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Extra light squash vase  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ming

• Members
Extra light squash vase
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »
Just got this extremly light vase which only weight in at 50g. High is 2inch(5cm) and  o. diameter is 3.5inch (9cm).
It has the most interesting indent pontil base which might give us idea about the maker.  Just l got no idea who???
Any infor please.
Never walk away from a bargain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Extra light squash vase
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
Hebron glass from Israel. The pontil is snapped off.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:03:42 PM »
might it not also be lampwork glass from Ed Iglehart or Tom (??? can't remember his name - but also Scotland based I think, Sue wil know).   I'm not sure Ed does this kind of shape but I think Tom might maybe?  Can we see a picture on a white background Ming? thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »
Tom Young, m but I don't think it's his work - his tends to be less heavily coloured, but this piece I would have no doubt attributing to Ed Iglehart. (sorry Ivo)
The decor is absolutely correct.
I have an oil lamp which has this base shape, he does sometimes finish vessels with what looks a bit like a heat finished pontil mark, but sometimes the base is smooth and shiney with circular ripples (maybe really well heat finished?) and sometimes it's a great, deep pocket - I've just checked the finishes on 4 different vessel - shaped pieces.
Do you know anything about Ed, Ming? Have you seen his website?

He does his best to recycle stuff, he uses copper from old electric wires to colour the glass..
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand