No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID needed  (Read 4694 times)

Offline stulda

• Members
ID needed
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »
Dear friends,
I have a chance to get this (to me) lovely piece of glass and I wonder what it might be. The person selling it assured me that it's a genuine Loetz and due to me being no expert I'd like to ask for an advice or identification from those more knowledgeable.
It's 14,5 cm height and as you can see from the picture below it has a few nibbles around the top rim.
Thank you very much in advance  ;)

Offline keith

• Members
Re: ID needed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
Might be Kralik,I'll have a look around,maybe someone will id it before then,very nice,I like it  ;D ;D

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
Can't find a match,it looks more like Royal Brierley Studio (see picture) maybe  ;D ;D

Offline stulda

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
Thank you keith for your kind help with identifying this vase. I'd be happy if this vase was a real Kralik, but somehow do agree with your guess. It looks rather more similar to the one on the picture you provided rather than any kralik I came across.
Well my next step will be to try and get it cheap as after a bit of research Royal Brierley Studio vases doesn't go for a lot of money.
On the other hand I still like this particular one so let's see how will it go.
Thank you once again .-)
stulda

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
You're welcome but I'm not certain it is R.B Studio,it's not a shape I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few,give it a bit longer for some one else to have a look. ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 11:27:36 PM »
I'm not sure that shape is right for RB? and also I'd have concerns about that rim...but it could just be the picture/photo, it's very hard to get a representative shot of a rim finish but that looks a bit rough to me? 
m

Offline stulda

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 05:59:33 AM »
I have been trying to find a vase like this nearly whole and failed. You know when you get that kind of feeling that something is wrong?
flying free is right here, to me the rim looks quite rough, uneven and too "thick". Again I am not an expect, just a glass lover trying to learn more about it, but what I already know is that when you have a doubts (buying something online) that is a time to leave it for others. ;-)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 06:55:31 AM »
Perhaps the top should have a metal flower holder thats usally the reason for a lot of little nicks and that finish .

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »
Perhaps the top should have a metal flower holder thats usally the reason for a lot of little nicks and that finish .

agree fully. It could also be for a silver edge - always the first to disappear as valuable and portable.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:09 AM »
yes that could be the reason for the rim.  Did Loetz do vases they left rims unpolished on?
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand