No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart non catalogued shape ?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart non catalogued shape ?
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
I bought this Monart bowl on "Saleroom. com" thinking it was shape IG. It was described (correctly) as a Monart bowl with folded rim. When it arrived, it was as discribed "Monart bowl with folded rim", but a Monart shape that is not in the Monart catalogue. The diameter is 25cm and 6cm tall, the foot is a shaped one. The base is indicative of the post war era (highly polished base and pontil).
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Monart non catalogued shape ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
Can't help, but rather a nice piece, Gary, well done!

I do like the enamel "resist" effect with the clear splodges. Is this an unsual colour combination for this effect? I don't think I've seen it before.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »
Thanks Sue, to date I have only seen that type of finish in green and white (see below), that was one of the reasons I bought it and the price of £27 was the other.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
I've seen a couple of different colour combinations in Vasart with these clear splodges - a greyish blue and yellow two-tone, and in a pale, subtle orange.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:52:56 AM »
I have seen Vasart pieces with that type of decoration (Perth museum has one on display).Though the Monart ones tend to have clearer/cleaner splodges than the Vasart ones.
Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand