No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hans Neidhardt Murano Paperweights  (Read 2860 times)

Offline daveweight

• Members
Hans Neidhardt Murano Paperweights
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »
I bought a copy of Sybylle Jargstorf's book Paperweights when it was published in 1991 in which she devotes two pages to displaying weights by Hans Neidhardt who was a glass artist of German origin living in Venice. In the mid 1980's he collaborated with Ferro & Lazzarini and created a series of weights named Oriental Gardens. 

When my wife and I visited Venice in 1994 we found a shop with a lot of old weights covered in dust,  I picked one up wiped the dust off and I found I was holding a copy of one of these weights entitled Afternoon In An Indian Garden so we bought it and a picture is attached.  I have never seen any more of these weights by Hans Neidhardt come up for sale on Ebay or through dealers and I wondered if any other members have seen any ?

We bought several more weights from this shop including one of a lampwork bird and there is a sticker on the back bearing the name Barbara Del Zorro so has anyone heard of her too please ?

Dave

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Hans Neidhardt Murano Paperweights
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »
Dear Dave,

I do not know who Babara del Zorro is but she made a nice weight...

I love your Hans Neidhart Oriental Garden. I have looked out for one such weight for years but have never seen one yet. Lucky you!!!

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:42 AM »
I have a Ferro & Lazzarini weight which I think is one of this series.  It's a winter scene.  It has a clear plastic Ferro & Lazzarini sticker, and a signature which reads 'Franco'.

Pictures below.
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline daveweight

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
Thanks for showing us this weight Leni - it is super !  I wonder where all these Hans Neidhardt weights went to as I said I have nver seen any come up for sale
but here is another one of my Murano with trees and birds
Dave

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand