No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: TK Maxx Vase  (Read 1383 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
TK Maxx Vase
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:29 AM »
This vase is I think from TK Maxx years ago. Lovely amber yellow with mottles and trailing in green  Cased and thick walled, flat polished rim and base. I am prompted to post it as I think its Chinese or Polish re thread started the other week on TK Maxx and Chinese pieces. Shows you can buy good quality new cheaply enough.

Thanks Adam

Forgot to add has barcode to base with 'Kazal'

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: TK Maxx Vase
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
I do not think Chinese - I think a good quality Polish/Romanian/Lithuanian maker - certainly European.

"Some years ago" in TKMaxx, the Chinese glass was of considerably poorer quality and never polished nicely flat on the base or rim. These are recent findings on Chinese glass.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand