No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart light shade variant  (Read 3276 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Monart light shade variant
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
 ;D flying free has no idea about anything to do with Monart or the Ysarts lol, but I do like a bit of handwriting deciphering and I do love historical social records.
 I do think it's very exciting that you are near enough Gary to go and do all the research, fascinating to be able to look through all the records and work on some more of the history.  I love that side of things.
m

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
I need to add, what wonderful and exciting detective work Gary!
Have a banana, a bottle of bubbly, some expensive choccies, name the new variant after yourself... 8)

I think flying-free is so excited and inspired by the information that she has just dived into the research side head-first, and that info is really exciting too - I'm almost dancing in my seat here.

I'm all of a tizz, I'm SO impressed. ;D

Thanks Sue, if anyone has the right to have the variant named after them it should be Betty Reid who worked at Moncrieff Glasswork all her working life. It was Betty that saved most of the Monart archives(housed in Perth museum) from the skip when Monart ceased production. The Monart Lighting catalogue would have been lost for ever if not for Betty and I would have never found this variant.

http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:ian-turner-glass-researcher-and-author&catid=15:scottish-glass-people&Itemid=16
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 04:46:02 PM »
It should be called "the Garybett" or Garybetty" then.   8)
(it doesn't work putting her name first)
But of course you are right - team work!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand