No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Libochovice Preening Duck and Bowl  (Read 895 times)

Offline Neil

• Members
    • 1st Half 20thC Pressed Glass
    • Glen Iris, Melbourne, Australia
Libochovice Preening Duck and Bowl
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:42:49 AM »
Hello again,

I just picked up this set on eBay yesterday, and I am after opinions on the bowl that was part of it. It is 13" wide, and has an internal recessed depression for the figure, with very little space around it for movement. It has a faceted edge to the base underneath. The detail of the bowl shown in the Libochovice catalogue, with the Preening Duck, is a little bit hard to determine, to assess if the bowl I acquired is the same bowl as in the catalogue. I think it has some similarities.

I know Sue has a different bowl with the Preening Duck on her 'black-poppy' site, but I believe her's is smaller in diameter. If anyone has access to better images of the Libochovice catalogue showing the duck and the bowl, I would love to obtain more information as to the authenticity of my set.

Hope to hear from someone.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Re: Libochovice Preening Duck and Bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
Hi Neil
That is definately the bowl that is in the catalogue image so I am sure it is the correct marriage.
I used to have the duck in a large bowl that had wide frosted panels-the one that the penguin comes in.
There is also another float bowl by Libo that has frosted flowers and fruit in the centre that I have seen the duck in.
I did once see this duck in amber frosted glass and it looked stunning!
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand