No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy Blown Green Glass Satin Finish Somerso Vase Italian or Scandinavian?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Hi. Does anyone recognize the maker of this vase? Not sure if it is Italian or Scandinavian. Polished pontil. Stands 7.5" tall and weighs a substantial 4 1/2 lbs. Also, there are some light marks on the satin finish. Is there anyway to bring it back to its full beauty? Thanks!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Hi. This fell onto the next page without response so I am bumping it back up. What about some guessse? Even if it is a recent import from China......Thanks!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi, I love the colour of this. I have been searching since you posted and a few days ago what I found was a blue version perfume bottle made in Poland.  I'm so sorry I haven't the link to it as I got distracted and lost the page, but it was remarkably similar with the thick casing etc.
So Poland may be a start for further searching.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Thank you Flying Free, that is a good suggestion. When someone can not ID something on here, I start to suspect it was something that was sold in Marshall's or Home Goods. It didn't feel like China, but I think Poland is probably correct, and that never occurred to me. .Thank you for taking time and doing research on my behalf. It is VERY much appreciated.

Patti

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand