No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Old combed lattice herringbone lamp - green white feathering amber foot  (Read 18198 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Old combed lattice herringbone lamp - green white feathering amber foot
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
ooh thanks :)
that's marvellous because ages ago, but after this thread, I bought a huge vase like your blue/green one, in amber.
How big is your green blue one?
I'll add a pic once battery is charged.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
Only 15 cm - quite a lot smaller than the amber one

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »
mine here

the vase is 10"high by 7 3/8" wide
The combed decoration is done using enamels on both.  However the green lamp technique is, I think, more complex and sophisticated and seems to use two colours of enamels for the combing which the vase doesn't.
I'll try and resize better pics.
edited - added some more pics taken in daylight.
The colours of the lamp are pretty much true to colour with a bright jade green at the top and becoming lime -ier to the body as it meets the amber casing and then amber at the base.

m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
amber combed vase base
indented base and lots of wear right around the edge.  Large polished pontil mark.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360881250859?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

this vase is the same maker - it doesn't help me I'm afraid as the shape doesn't jog my memory of ever having seen anything similar.

Any help always appreciated. If this vase shape is recognised that would be great  ;D

Strangely it seems quite different to the lamp although I'm 100% sure it's the same maker.  It's less refined in shape, a little more organic, and of course has a pontil mark on the base whereas my lamp has an applied foot and shows no pontil mark.
Thoughts now are not leaning to WMF.

Thanks as always
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »
polite bump to my thread :)
before these ebay pics disappear I just wondered if anyone recognised the shape of this footed vase as being from a particular maker or country even.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360881250859?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649
The pontil mark on the vase looks ground but not polished I think  :-\
I'm pretty sure it's the same maker as my lamp.
Would the pontil mark preclude it being Murano?
I ask because I found a Barovier vase amberish to green (no other similarity but just caught my eye) with a label on it and it seems to have a 'curious' pontil mark i.e.not snapped off.
http://kocoma-collection.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/barovier-amp-toso-vase-1930-55-green.html
Just wondering if any link can be found maybe for future searches :)
thanks for looking
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »
WMF Unika apparently

Same decor and same colourway as my lamp  :)

http://deerbe.com/unt/90612-vase_wmf_ikoro_unika_entw___karl_wiedmann_zugesch___art_deco_deko_wabenoptik.html

'Vase Wmf Ikoro Unika Entw. Karl Wiedmann Zugesch. Art Deco Deko Wabenoptik'

'Kategorie : Glas & Kristall > Sammlerglas > 1900-1970   Identifizierungsnummer: 90612
Weitere Informationen
Höhe / height   ca. 17 cm
Nettogewicht / Net weight   ca. 1051 Gramm
Länge (length) / Breite (width): ca. 19 cm '

I don't know who De Erbe are though  ::)  I wonder if this information appearing on De Erba has just been 'lifted' from say an ebay listing?  They have spelled Ikora incorrectly and also, I think Ikora ranges are separate from the Unika pieces, so would not be described as Ikora Unika?
If so, then the only bonus is that the colour and decor are the same as my lamp at least.  So we know there is another piece out there.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Just in case that listing disappears in future the vase is exactly the same colourway as my lamp, amber up to green with exactly the same enamel feather decor.  It is a v type shape 17cm high by 19cm wide and has a small and what looks to be slightly profiled bun shape foot attached, with a largish polished pontil mark.
http://deerbe.com/imgs/a/f/e/a/z/vase_wmf_ikoro_unika_entw___karl_wiedmann_zugesch___art_deco_deko_wabenoptik_1_lgw.jpg

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I may need to ask my German friend to help again.  :-\
I have a Peill and Putzler unique piece - it is clearly marked "Unikat" (in what looks like hand-written script) after the logo.
I don't know if there's a difference in meaning between Unika and Unikat, or is there is another error somewhere, or just using a different companies using different spellings? :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hantich!  ooh:)  But no reference source.  I'd say it was the same maker as this vase though.

http://www.thegildedcurio.com/item-Bohemian-998.html

vase is on the Gilded Curio site and described as:
'998 -- Hantich Jonolyth Blue to peach fish trap glass vase polished pontil Deco period. 10" 7" wide'

I honestly don't think there is any query it is by the same maker.  Anyone care to comment?

Apologies Sue,I've only just seen your post. Thank you for your interest and attempts to help - much appreciated :)

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand