No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: W/F Transfer weights (split from another topic)  (Read 1425 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
W/F Transfer weights (split from another topic)
« on: September 29, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
Hi Tony did you get to see the two fabulous W/Fs transfer weights Layna had at Cambridge ,  one was faceted with windows top and sides and beautiful roses . Is the good lady still giving you Glassgrief ? we all know the feeling . ;D :D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tony G

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • UK
Re: W/F Transfer weights (split from another topic)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »
Hi John,
             yes, saw both the ceramic weights and the one with roses is now nicely displayed in my collection. Swapped it for a Ditchfield numbered lamp that I had spare.

Cheers,

Tony

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »
I knew you would like it so looked for you , you didnt go for the faceted one then , why not ? i cant remember much about it pray tell me .  like you bad memory . Spelling not to hot either and no time for punctuation my one finger typing is so slow i would fall asleep before finishing . :o i see we have the same spell check bless her . ;D
I picked up a nice large iridescent  weight yesterday a one off by Tim Lazer with certificate signed and label about thirty years old and very much like the IOW summer fruits he studied under some great glassies including Lino Tagliapetro and worked  at the Corning Museum . cheers jp

Offline Tony G

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • UK
Re:W/F Transfer weights (split from another topic)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:27:21 AM »
Hi John,
             the one I picked up at Linton is facetted, 5+1. I thought that both the one's Layna had were facetted. I now have two of these. One with a couple of horses on it and now this one with a rose, oak leaves and acorns. The other one Layna had didn't appeal to me as it was a wedding congratulations one.

Tony

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
Oh yes Tony i remember now , very nice . A funny story , i had an early one really naff very dark i kept it in my car door pocket , one day i pushed the door open very quickly and it jumped out and rolled about a quater of a mile down a hill , so it has many pinpricks now . ;D so glad it was a naff one .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand