No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass pedestal vase - ID, please?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Pressed glass pedestal vase - ID, please?
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
This is my first GMB post with photos, so I hope they display OK.

Please, does anyone recognise the maker or pattern of this clear pressed glass pedestal / ‘celery’ vase. Based on style alone, I have assumed that it was British-made in the 1880s or thereabouts, but searches of reference sites for British pressed glass patterns drew a blank, as did the EAPG sites and www.pressglas-pavillon.de

The bucket-shaped body is decorated with a large-scale pattern of three oval medallions with star (or fans) alternating with hexagonal panels of fine cut diamonds, all enclosed by intersecting sinuous lines, topped with a ruffled or scalloped rim; plain waisted stem slightly stepped at top and bottom; circular foot impressed on underside with starburst. It has three distinct vertical mould lines. 18cm high, top rim diameter 11.8cm, foot rim diameter 9.6cm; weight 842gm. There are no maker’s marks, and no RD marks or numbers. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline EAPG

• Members
Re: Pressed glass pedestal vase - ID, please?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:36:04 AM »
You can rule out EAPG.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand