No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Moretti Bottle  (Read 2540 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Moretti Bottle
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
Here is a Moretti bottle in what appears to be Neodymium glass with a stopper that is in flower form with gold leaf - 9" high - marked to base with Carlo Moretti signature and two labels, one to shoulder and one to bottom - any idea of age, I have seen these Moretti bottles in Italian shops ranging in date from 80s to 00s.

Thanks Adam

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: Moretti Bottle
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »
Here is a bottle I found on google that appears to be from same range - so that's a pumpkin stopper on mine then, the link shows an apple http://www.flickriver.com/photos/art-of-glass/sets/72157627397403059/

Adam

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
This item recently sold on Ebay Aus - similar sort of thing but with a V Nason sticker. Ebay item no.  110953798902
Not sure if that helps   ???  - but it is of a similar style and I think  this same sticker was i'd as 1970's or 1980's in the Murano Zoo.
Jackie

jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Thanks. My bottle is oval in shape and has ribbing, Moretti do sets of these bottles, hence my link. The items are similar but the Nason is a mixer while mine is a decanter. Agreed label is 70s 80s maybe later.

Also it's not neodymium, it's just pink glass.

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand