No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help identifying inkwell please!  (Read 970 times)

Offline Tanner

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Inkwells
    • Usa
Need help identifying inkwell please!
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:20:51 AM »
I have always treasured this - my mother bought it from a local auction house when I was a child and gave it to me as a gift.  Any ideas on where it is from?  It was bought in England.  Thanks for any help you can give - it is really beautiful and glowing with its colours.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Need help identifying inkwell please!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:20:35 AM »
Welcome to the board. My guess would be Vasart. Can we have a close-up of the canes please and a base shot. I have rotated your picture to make it easier to see but could you crop the original before resizing and reposting (make the longest dimension 700 pixels when you resize, as that gives a good size within kb limits). That way we will have more bottle and less background.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Need help identifying inkwell please!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:40:16 AM »
I would tend to go for Vasart also, the striped neck is a good indication and the shape is very much a Vasart shape of inkwell. The paperweight experts will know the canes better than me.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand