No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: have i bought a duffer...????  (Read 4981 times)

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
Re: have i bought a duffer...????
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
Hi Kevin h
I'm actually on your site about vasart weights well I'm presuming its you.nice site great pis.i will add the dimensions Tom morning and the details you requested also I will try and add a close up of the elongated bubbles around the base swirls.cheers for your time.happy hunting.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21:15 AM »
hello.
i couldnt work out how to add an additional pic to the orig thread so i started another i hope thats ok.
the weight has 21 spirals.measures 4.25"h x 3.75"base dia.weighs 1.935 kilos.there is a ring of tiny bubbles to the top crown but 2 are missing.i have added a pic of the larger bubbles,i have tampered with the colours to show them up better.happy hunting.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
I have merged the two topics into one.

To add new photos to a thread just Reply to the thread and use the Add Photos facility as normal.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »
hi kev h.
thanks for that i will remember that for future reference as p/ws are my next thing to learn and understand...........more.
i have had the pleasure of speaking to Richard Moore(nice man)and although he isnt certain eitherway as yet on my weight he is leaning away from strathearn but i will be supplying him with some more detail accurate pics and we are going to take it from there......
happy hunting.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand