No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lotus pattern Milk Glass - ID: Indiana Lily Pons  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Princess8077

• Members
Lotus pattern Milk Glass - ID: Indiana Lily Pons
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:43 PM »
Does anyone know where I should look for White Milk Glass that has the lotus pattern on it? 

It's a specific one and the only one I've seen that has the blossom on the underside as part of it's design.

Its very similar to the Indiana Wild Rose Patterned Milk Glass except it's Lotus.  I thought maybe it was made by Indiana as it's so close, but I cant find anything on it.

All help is appreciated as my Mother has some pieces that have been broken over the years and I'd like to get her some.

Thanks!

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »
Glen might be the one to help here as she is the 'in-house' Carnival glass expert and I think Indiana patterns might cross to milk glass?

Might have this wrong but try her web site anyway: http://www.carnival-glass.net
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Princess8077

• Members
Indiana milk glass
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:00:22 AM »
Ok...and here is a picture of the Wildrose milk glass that looks so similar

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/INGWIRMG.htm

Just as comparinson

Thanks

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:44:40 AM »
Thanks for the pics, that really helps. I think I have found it in the book A Century of Indiana Glass by Craig Schenning. The pattern is Lily Pons, #605. The pattern goes back to 1934 and was done in crystal and green. In the late 50s the 7 inch bowl was reissued in a variety of colors  including Milk white. It remained in production until the 1990s. Glen might know of this as it states one color as gold iridescent. Hope this helps, Terry

Offline Princess8077

• Members
Lilly pons
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
Omg!! Thank you!! For some reason her grandmother always called it lotus....No darn wonder I couldnt find anything online about the Lotus pattern!!!  Thanks so much....so I wasnt such a dummy after all in thinking it was Indiana glass - yay me!

Thanks for all your help in searching and posting for me!

Sincerely
Cathryn

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 08:13:11 AM »
Sorry that I was unable to reply to this thread earlier - I've been away.

I can confirm that Terry is absolutely correct. The item is from Indiana Glass Co.'s "Lily Pons" #605 range. There were several shapes and slight pattern differences in the pieces in this range. This one is their 7" nappy.

These items were made in milk glass in the 1950s. They were also made in Indiana's Iridescent Gold, along with another item from the (slightly similar in design concept) #606 range, known as Loganberry. The main production era for the Iridescent Gold (Carnival) items was the 1970s. This item in Iridescent Gold, plus its history, is shown in "A Century of Carnival Glass".

Thanks, David, too  :lol:

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:36:39 AM »
Just for interest - here is the #605 Lily Pons handled pickle dish from the same series: shown here in Iridescent Gold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7405664459

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand