No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Salomé Fruit Bowl  (Read 3492 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Caithness Salomé Fruit Bowl
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
Sue struggled to get the pulls to look good in that pic :-[ .... the problem is the overshadowing by the bellying-out top part of the body - and you've got to catch them in the light to bring out the silvery-ness.
It's even harder to capture them on the big bits with the egg-shaped body.

The decor on Alchemy can go a bit wonky too, sometimes almost disappearing completely on the deep purple ones.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Caithness Salomé Fruit Bowl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
Ok well, this is just my personal opinion/observation:
 I thought the pulls in your pic looked good Sue, much better than the pics of the other pieces.
However I also saw one of these today in the flesh, the second one from left in the catalogue picture (it looked liked John's ) - it had two nibbles on the rim otherwise I would have bought it, but my thoughts remain the same..., the pulls were not really that visible at all in the flesh,they were very low on the vase, dark, and in all honesty my opinion is the catalogue pictures are a misrepresentation of what the pieces look like in reality especially in terms of the pulls.  'Aspirational' may be the word.

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand