No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Green Art Deco Tidbit tray cut to clear who made it???  (Read 1446 times)

Offline ohioglassguy

• Members
Blue Green Art Deco Tidbit tray cut to clear who made it???
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »
Hello,
I recently acquired this tidbit tray, and a few other pieces that match, but I have no idea who may have made it. It is green and blue with what I will call an overlay of color, almost like it was flashed, over clear glass. Then as you can see, portions of the "overlay" have been etched/cut to the clear, revealing an ornate design. I have looked for several days trying to find out whom may have manufctured this, any helpwould be appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Blue Green Art Deco Tidbit tray cut to clear who made it???
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »
These seem to be typically made in the USA. Try looking through here http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/index.php There is a Center Handled Server Identification Tool that may be useful as a starting point, particularly as many companies were just decorators of other manufacturers' products http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/cat939.htm

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Blue Green Art Deco Tidbit tray cut to clear who made it???
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »
Due to the multi-colored baked finish, handle & cutting I am 95% certain its Westmoreland. Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand