No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: It's got a Czech label, but who or what?  (Read 2250 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
It's got a Czech label, but who or what?
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
I picked up this vase because it had a Czech label, and because I liked the sort of transparant natural colouring. Does anyone here know what it is? The label sadly is a general post-1993 Bohemia one, so that doesn't bring me much further.

Polished flat at the base, and I estimate about 22 cm high (but I can go look for my measuring device if it's really important)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: It's got a Czech label, but who or what?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
Not sure about this one. My first thought when I saw this vase was that it might be a Maltese piece with a swapped label. I could very well be wrong though as I know very little about newer Czech glass.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: It's got a Czech label, but who or what?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
It's not Maltese.  :) It is very interesting though, I do like it.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand