No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Marked Conran on pontil ??  (Read 865 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Marked Conran on pontil ??
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:43:23 PM »
Hi, Sorry but no pictures (didnt think I would have trouble finding it). I have been asked about a pair of vases in a charity shop (i try to help as much as I can, which isnt a lot  ;D) They are Ovoid in shape with open end, 12 inches high and have an orange swirl wrapped around from top to bottom. The raised mark says 'CONRAD' with a circular symbol I cant make out. There is some wear to the base. I dont think they are anything special, they seem to be a department store type. I havent seen the mark and cant find anything online. Any help appreciated
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Marked Conran on pontil ??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:50:21 AM »
Does it say Conran or Conrad on the bottom of the vase?
if it says Conran as per your heading then it may be something Jasper Conran designed perhaps, but I can't imagine his pieces having a raised mark to be honest.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
I have seen a few Jasper Conran designs and wouldn't put this down as his. The pieces just dont have the quality look that they have. The raised name and the raised symbol, a backwards 'C' with a circle in the opening of the C. It looks similar to a Globe in the stand. I still haven't seen anything similar.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
possibly will need a photo then Pete I'm afraid. 
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand