No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Lilac and cream glass Loetz / Micheal Powolny Tango glass please?  (Read 3787 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Is this Lilac and cream glass Loetz / Micheal Powolny Tango glass please?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
I perhaps have a slight personal problem with anything orange - just being orange puts it in a "ropey" category for me to start off with.  :-[
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Is this Lilac and cream glass Loetz / Micheal Powolny Tango glass please?
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
The initial attribution by Alfredo is based on some Butler Brothers issues. As I said, these pieces appear in varying degrees of execution quality which does not surprise me. What is a little confusing in regards to these being Kralik as Alfredo asserts is that they appear both with and without pontil scars.  Applied prunts and rims without a pontil mark is not something I generally associate with Kralik production.  I would also say that a couple of the colors I have seen these in, like the lilac color on this example without a pontil mark are not colors I really associate with Kralik. Not to say they did not use iot, but I have a hard time thinking of another piece by them in this color.....  I have not directly examined the ad in which the form appears that Alfredo references in his CW posting. Butler brothers ads can provide good leads for attributions, and my experience is that they groupings in each individual offering have generally "appeared" to be from the same company. Alfredo's posting shows line art of a piece with this style rim and what I would refer to as "wings" on the piece which he also shows examples of. For the reasons stated above, I am not completely convinced that these are Kralik, or at least that all of them are...

Hope this makes sense....
Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand