No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther Mary variant trinket sets  (Read 2785 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Walther Mary variant trinket sets
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »
I notice that as part of a previous thread on Walther Roland sets
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38101.msg242968.html#msg242968
and 5th post down, that Jayne has a picture of ‘variant’ Walther Mary candlesticks (with a cup or ‘catcher’ underneath the holder itself  – rather like Walther Poseidon candlesticks) in pale blue along with a tray which was the same shape as the Walther Poseidon  tray but with a criss-cross pattern to the base.

Many of the links to ebay images are now not working, so it quite difficult now to check the various images and follow the thread effectively.

For what it’s worth though, here are some images of green uranium sets with the same candlesticks and tray as shown in Jayne’s photo, but with the addition of 2 sizes of lidded trinket pot and a ringholder.  The photos are from 2 different sources (see credits), so there seems to be no doubt that the pieces in the set are matching (and not simply harlequin pieces or mismatches). One of those sources also attributes the set as being Walther Mary (and is perfectly aware of the difference between the variant set and the ‘normal ‘Walther Mary set).

Interestingly, the finials on the lidded pots do look somewhat similar to those on the Walther Poseidon set on Pamela’s site at:
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/toilettenservice/00907.jpg
but the top edges are slightly scalloped instead of being flat.

((Permission for re-use of the first of the images on the GMB granted by bazza131313, and the second by elaineandgrant)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Walther Mary variant trinket sets
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »
I think these candlesticks are the same as my blue one, which looks like a shorter variant of Walhter Mary. Jayne has a similar one of each I seem to recall.

Pics below show the blue one alone, and it side by side with the clear Mary.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand