Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: c1850 ? white opaline small jug applied red trailed rim  (Read 1499 times)

bfg

Re: c1850 ? white opaline small jug applied red trailed rim
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
ah, yes. good thinking Christine  ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
I'm here :) just half term week and not been around.
Thanks Azelismia - mine is very similar but not identical - the differences being that the handle on mine is applied lower at the bottom and mine has an integral wide 'foot' shape to the bottom, and obviously the trailed rim.  But there are definite similarities.  I wonder if the greens are a Harrach 'take' on a Baccarat shape, or going back to Ivo's comments, whether mine might be Bohemian.  I think mine's still in question then :)
m

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
Harrach made them in white with colored rims as well. Baccarat and Harrach are very very very similar in this period. You can't rule out Baccarat following Harrach on this instead of other way around as well. :)

is this a documented Baccarat shape as well or something?

I believe Josephine also was making opaline/alabaster with the colored rims. I'd have to check my books but I do think these are a lot earlier than the 1870's. I think 1850's.

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »
Actually, ignore my postings in this thread until i can get around to some fact checking in teh books. I keep looking at this forum right before bed when i shouldn't be getting side tracked into looking at books : )

Offline azelismia

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
I think I was wrong about the shape. it does appear to be the same shape but it's supposed to be 1830 so I don't think it's really the same. they're little line drawings. Anyway. I take back everything I said about documentation from Harrach on this particular shape. Never mind. move along nothing to see here :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
ok thank you for checking, that's very kind of you.
 So, so far the  documentation we have is the Miller's book with an identification in it of Baccarat for my jug.  I'm comfortable with that until any further pattern books evidence is found.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »
Searching through for Annathal pieces,  I came across a little opaline jug 'Bohemian probably Annathal at Schüttenhofen, mid 19th Century' sold through Fischer's Auction. 
It's not the same as mine, the foot is different and there is no trailed rim, although it has some similarities.  I'm just including it for reference.
http://www.auctions-fischer.de/kataloge/online-kataloge/196-i-europaeisches-glas-studioglass.html?kategorie=2&artikel=13067&L=&cHash=7fd66f58f8

m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com