No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Albrecht Greiner-Mai died in March this year. Lampwork artist extraordinaire.  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Albrecht Greiner-Mai 1932-2012

Came across my little gem from his 1980s period and had a look to see what was on-line now and sorry to discover he had passed away in March. (Obituary in German)

http://www.lauscha.de/484-0---Albrecht-Greiner-Mai-verstorben--.html

He was a member of the Greiner family involved in glass in Lauscha, Germany for 500 years or more! Started working in glass as a kid Became a glass designer and artist where he did a lot for advancing lampwork as a tool for the artist. His work was technically very high and also innovative.

I will post a pic of my piece with his signature in the German forum for future reference.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand