No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stromberg?? I am not sure as they are unsigned any ideas?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Stromberg?? I am not sure as they are unsigned any ideas?
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:18:55 AM »
Hi I purchased a pair of these.  They are 30cm or 12 inches from the tip of the beak to the tip of the tail & 18cm or 7 inches in height.  They have white protruding glass eyes.  I was thinking Scandanavian possibly Stromberg, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 10:17:41 AM »
I can't think why Stromberg for this, a company which, in any case, is one of the most conscientious signers of their work.

Something is saying Italian to me .....maybe one of the weirder designers like Vistosi ?
Pete

Offline suzi99

• Members
More likely livo seguso
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:30:03 AM »
I've had a couple of opinions of collector's of seguso & they believe them to be livo seguso stylised birds designed between 1960 & 1970.  I have been perusing some of his work & they are very similar in colour and shape to a couple I have found.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »
Hi suzi99,
Does the bird have any signatures or marks on it?
I recently saw a similar piece on Ebay, but I didnt look into the maker.
I think its from the 80's. I'll try and find that auction again, but Im sure it already ended.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:36 PM »
To the best of my knowledge ALL Livio Seguso pieces have been signed and I've never come across this form in any of his works. They have a Salviati look about them from the 1970's to me.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand