No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Aristocrat "Magasin Bo"  (Read 2522 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Holmegaard Aristocrat "Magasin Bo"
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »
Hi, I have this Decanter,  I think its a Per Lutken design. It has some engraving on that says Magasin Bo 4-9-75. Does anyone have any idea what this relates too ? I have googled and found nothing. It's a shame it has been 'defaced' (in my opinion) but would help if I knew what it meant. It will either detract from any value or help  :) depending on what it says. Closest I got was 'magazine stay' on a translate page  ???
Pete. :-)

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
Re: Holmegaard Aristocrat "Magasin Bo"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:17:53 AM »
Magasin is a department store (The Copenhagen branch was & maybe still is the largest in Northern Europe) in Denmark & Bo is the Danish word for Home

So this is probably some kind of commemorative piece.

:)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.magasin.dk%2FHistorie%2Fpages_about_history%2Cdefault%2Cpg.html

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »
Expensive glass with engraving or screenprinting of a company logo was a common corporate gift in Denmark, if the number of pieces I've had is anything to go by.

Does tend to affect the value considerably.

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
It would have been nice if it was something more famous and collectable  ;D. No problem though. I originally thought the stopper was the piece to sell. It may still be but I will offer it complete as it is still a nice decanter and I could put up with the engraving. If it said Harrods it would be ok to me. It's still a 'vintage' piece. Thanks to both of you for your help.   Pete.
Pete. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand