No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Great deal on all my Czech glass on Etsy -- 15% discount off already low prices  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
I've got a special offer for early November customers: From now until Sunday, November 4, 8pm (Central European time) save 15% off your glass purchase. All you need do to is type in the following discount coupon code at checkout and the price will be reduced: NOVEMBERSALE

There is quite a bit of wonderful glass to chose from (mainly Skrdlovice) by Vizner, Palecek, Beranek, Svoboda, Jezek, Hora, Wunsch, Roubicek, etc. 

My shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CzechGlassCollector

Thank you for looking.
Anik

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Some great pieces there Anik, how does etsy compare to eBay?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Thank you, Frank  :)

Ebay reaches a far wider audience whereas Etsy is more of a hidden gem.

On the other hand, Etsy is cheaper than ebay. For 0,20USD your listing (which can include 5 large photographs) remains in your shop for 3 months, or until your item sells.  Etsy takes 3,5% commission on the sale price.  Moreover, all those ebay 'extras' which you pay for are free on Etsy.

For those of you out to find glass, pottery or anything else made pre-1993 for your collection, or if you're interested in handmade products, I would highly recommend searching Etsy.  And don't be afraid to contact shop owners with questions or comments -- from my experience, they are both approachable and helpful.

Oh, and don't forget to stop by my shop while you're browsing.  ;)   

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Anik, your shop is beautiful, your photography stunning and your information and communication is impeccable.
Your packing is great and delivery is swift.
I'm a very happy customer, as you know. :-*

You have really fabulous pieces for sale, well worth looking at!

We should all be doing more to support etsy - we need alternatives to ebay.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
I knew of Etsy and have always seen as an outlet for craft makers and artists. A little bit shocked by the massive cost rises on my return to eBay after many years, it would clearly be worth a try. Casual sellers like myself are probably well suited to the Etsy approach. eBay 7 day auctions can be a drag with the obscure oddments I gathered with my curiosity over the years.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Sue, thank you for your very kind comments. x

Frank, you're right about Etsy being a good place for casual sellers... And I do think the more vintage shops opened, the more people will come to Etsy to find what they're looking for, or find what they didn't know they were looking for until they've seen it in your shop.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand