No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Id please. Silesian?  (Read 1866 times)

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Id please. Silesian?
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »
Hi all

This weight was in another thread early in the week but wasnt confirmed, so some better pictures.

Nick said it was Silesian, but wanted some more opinions on maker, date, etc if possible.

thanks
Ian

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/2012-11-02120831.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/2012-11-02120842.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/2012-11-02120853.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
Re: Id please. Silesian?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »
Not so sure myself now with these pics, French Maybe?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

Hi.

Not French - definitely Silesian / Thuringian. Not the crispest canes I have seen, but a nice double fold spiral basket.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »
It was the basket that made me wonder, not seen one before on Silesian

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »
That was part of what made it stand out for me.  Canes are pretty complex, and the double basket is just the icing on the cake.  Is it worth getting the scratches removed, or would you expect it to be pretty scratched?

Ian

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »
If you are thinking of selling I do find that damage holds it back, I can't seem to put URL links from my iPad but if you search eBay for item 261093519350 you'll see this was a much plainer one I sold for £70.
Yours re polished I would have thought should be considably more, scratched, it depends whether a buyer has access to a restorer.

Be warned thought that Richard that I used is very, very, very busy, I lost track exactly but it was at least 6 if not 8 weeks to get mine done, but there were 5 items.

If you do consider it Email pics/give them a call to check on timescale but make sure you speak to Richard himself. I did ring a couple of weeks back and spoke to another memeber of staff and was told it may be February! Called again and spoke to Richard and was told another week or 2 max.

Offline Nexxo

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
hallo to all
Alan's reply its correct:  Silesian definitely 
I have similar one with same sort of basket in the bottom and quite same pink canes

regards
Nexxo
Nexxo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand