No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Onion Carafe or Decanter without....  (Read 2808 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Onion Carafe or Decanter without....
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
I have taken pics of the 'stones'. I remember reading somewhere that this happened in old glass along with faults which this has. In the Top ring of this is an indent or Mark that is in the last Pic below. It looks deliberate so as you mentioned Paul it does have a marker.It is at the 650ml point. I put the link in to ebay as it is the same as this but in a smaller version. Scotland seems to be where it came from. A stab in the dark but could it not be an early version of our 4 pint Jug that some pubs use. It seems that there would be enough for a number of measures  for a group of people ??
   I am seeing two amounts of ml into gill. 1ml is .0070 and .0085 these give a capacity of 4.55 gill (UK) and 5.525. Like I said, it makes no sense to me apart from the two differences in measures.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »
650ml suggest European...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
I have listed this item. Its nearly Xmas again and I need to start thinking about getting organised. Unlike my other half that already has her Xmas 90% sorted ! If anyone here is interested I will accept an offer from GMB only. Same with any other items I sell.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand