Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Covered Goblets. Haida (probably) - Pauly & Co label

<< < (3/4) > >>

allirish123:
Hello!
WOW! Thank you so much for all of your help. I have been looking for information on these for over 1 1/2 years now. You are all so very smart and helpful.
I'm so very thankful to have found the glass message board, it has been an unbelievable help to me. I know nothing about art glass at all but I do know some about EAPG, elegant, depression, brilliant cut, etc... if anyone ever needs help I will try to find the answer.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have this information finally. I would have never found anything out if I hadn't signed up on the GMB.

Flying free...thank you for having the message moved and also for the link to an exact piece. I don't know how you found that so quickly but I'm sure happy you did.  :D

Langhaugh...thank you also for all of your input and help.

You are all amazing!

Tracy

flying free:
You're welcome - they are beautiful pieces!
It might be good to try and find another reference for them as a support for the identification. 
I'll have a look around.
m

allirish123:
Hi Flying Free,

Thank you again for your help. I haven't purchased many art glass books yet but will certainly look around. Out of about 50 books only 2 have anything to do with art glass. My husband and I went to half price books after you all figured out what I had but unfortunately they didn't have much in the line of art glass. I'll keep looking though.

One more question about these pieces...Haida, is that a glass maker? Are they located in Czechoslovakia? Actually being the time period they were possibly made it wouldn't actually be Czechoslovakia it was the Austrian Hungarian Empire or something like that. Would it be Slovakia, Hungary or Bohemia? I'm really bad at geography. LOL!

I do appreciate any and all the help that has been given to me.

If I want to try and answer some questions regarding EAPG, depression glass, elegant glass, etc... where would I go to find that. I would like to help others they way I have been helped.

There used to be a glass board on eBay where everyone congregated and gave each other help but eBay being eBay, they took that away. I am so very, very happy to have found this glass board. It's great to have others to speak with and bounce things off of and have them actually know what I am talking about.

Thank you again.
Tracy

KevinH:

--- Quote ---... Haida, is that a glass maker? Are they located in Czechoslovakia?
--- End quote ---
Haida is the German name for the town of Nový Bor, currently located in the Czech Republic, but which used to be in the general area of "Bohemia".

Nový Bor was a major centre for glassworks, so although the town has been suggested for the goblets, the actual glassworks still remains unknown.

allirish123:
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Obviously I have a lot of learning to do yet.  :) 
I can go and do some research now with all of the information everyone has given me so kindly. Since I feel kind of foolish right now, not knowing that Haida was a town, I really should go learn about this aspect of art glass and geography.  :-[

Thank you again. If I figure out anything else about these pieces I shall give an update.

Tracy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version