Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Saint Louis Berger Lampe  (Read 230 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
Saint Louis Berger Lampe
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »
I actually searched this before posting & of all things found its twin on a older Baccarrat site. Saint Louis Crystal Forme G, Bleue (their French spelling). I read through the Saint Louis section & saw they made Berger Lamps starting in 1927 & my question is....is this an earlier one from that time period or maybe the 30s? I know it puts to shame in quality terms 99% of the Berger lamps I saw when researching...thats Ken

Online Ivo

• Author
  • Members
    • old website
Re: Saint Louis Berger Lampe
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
There are hundreds of different ones in all kinds of quality - it is a collector field in itself (in France and the US).  Yours seems to be missing its stone and have a wick instead? I am sure the original parts can still be supplied.
Sorry no clue as to when it was made.
Ivo
► BLUE HENRY ◄
 New Book: The Almost Forgotten Story of the Blue Glass Sputum Flask

all texts and pictures (c) Ivo Haanstra.

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:21 PM »
Thanks Ivo I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't know what a stone is? The wick is strange as when I got it only maybe an 1/8" was showing & I had a devil of a time getting it to lengthen & then I found that three tiny copper wires were woven into the sides of the wick that I guess aided a very tight fit for the wick. Just watched a video on these lamps & now know what a stone is...may have to get one. Ken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
Going by the brass which was presumably plated too I would think a 30s date not unreasonable. More likely than post WW2.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Thanks Frank I appreciate your opinion. Ken

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand