No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Saint Louis Berger Lampe  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Saint Louis Berger Lampe
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »
I actually searched this before posting & of all things found its twin on a older Baccarrat site. Saint Louis Crystal Forme G, Bleue (their French spelling). I read through the Saint Louis section & saw they made Berger Lamps starting in 1927 & my question is....is this an earlier one from that time period or maybe the 30s? I know it puts to shame in quality terms 99% of the Berger lamps I saw when researching...thats Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Saint Louis Berger Lampe
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
There are hundreds of different ones in all kinds of quality - it is a collector field in itself (in France and the US).  Yours seems to be missing its stone and have a wick instead? I am sure the original parts can still be supplied.
Sorry no clue as to when it was made.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:21 PM »
Thanks Ivo I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't know what a stone is? The wick is strange as when I got it only maybe an 1/8" was showing & I had a devil of a time getting it to lengthen & then I found that three tiny copper wires were woven into the sides of the wick that I guess aided a very tight fit for the wick. Just watched a video on these lamps & now know what a stone is...may have to get one. Ken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
Going by the brass which was presumably plated too I would think a 30s date not unreasonable. More likely than post WW2.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Thanks Frank I appreciate your opinion. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum