No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy Bubbled Goblets - Erik Höglund Design?  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Heavy Bubbled Goblets - Erik Höglund Design?
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:37 PM »
Got these two large goblets in a lot of Swedish glass, mostly Boda, including some Höglund pieces.

Not 100% certain these are Höglund, though, as I can't find the design anywhere. The bubbly layer is cased in another layer of bubble-free clear glass - which I've not seen on Höglund glass before (admittedly, I've not owned any Höglund bubble glass for a few years). The stem is also free of bubbles.

But the glass is of high quality, with a fair heft to it. Base is finished with a neat polished pontil mark.

Any help gratefully received.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Heavy Bubbled Goblets - Erik Höglund Design?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
A layer of bubbly cased in the same colour without bubbles is fairly normal for Hoglund designs, you can feel this on a lot of them. They look consistent with his work too but the lack of engraved number makes me wonder.

To sum up: no help at all. ;D

John

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Heavy Bubbled Goblets - Erik Höglund Design?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
Oh, well good news on the cased front at least - the few Höglund bubbly bits I've had in the past have been uncased (if memory serves).

None of the other Höglund (non-bubbly) pieces they came with are signed, but either they were labelled or came with original packaging denoting the designer. Which always helps!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand