No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I have one more inquiry about the following small birds.  (Read 1217 times)

Offline westred

• Members
  • Real Murano ONLY comes from Murano, Italy!
I have one more inquiry about the following small birds.
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:01:31 AM »
  Me again,

I just thought while I was on the subject of birds, if any one can tell me a thing about the following three glass (very small) birds.
I have had the Sparrow and what I call "the Pigeon" (largest of the three) for a couple of years.  The emerald one I just purchased.
I saw a guy try to sell a bird like my Sparrow (only it was an ugly yellow and cream color) on eBay for $1000.  No way!  He said it was a chicken,
but it was obviously, to me anyway, a canary.  A week later he came down to $69.  What I would like to know is, what are they, Murano?
They look like they could be made out of elongated murrines, but it doesn't matter to me, because I will never sell them.  They are very smart
looking!  Does anybody if what these are Murano, and if not, what are they.  Is there any worth to them, I have been told all kinds of things and just wanted to know if any of you knew what they are.  I don't have room to show you the pontils, but they are very reminiscent of Murano. Perfectly flat cut and all the canes come to a circle , leaving a clear surface to see up in them.  Thanks for anyone's input!

westred  (Tom)
westred......yea, ya betcha!

And God said, "Let the weights hold down the papers!"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: I have one more inquiry about the following small birds.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
Hi Tom,  don't know how I ever missed seeing these in 2009,  but hey ho! I came across them as I was looing for something else!!
just to let you know that the first two are definately Chinese, I collect them and have many with their labels still on. 
The third one is quite different, and it could well be Murano, but if you still have it and want to list extra pictures, I will be happy to have a look at it for you.....a picture of the base would be very helpful.
Rosie.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand